Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tough Loss

Offense
Good afternoon from Turkey!  I am waiting to go to our second practice today so I thought I would give you an update on how our last game went.  We suffered a tough 89-93 loss to Antalya (who was in last place in the league) at home.  We were ahead the entire game until the 4th quarter again.  In our last 2 losses both games we have lost the 4th and final quarter.  We definitely didn't play a very good game but it came down to the last couple minutes of regulation (I was on the bench), and they had a couple offensive rebounds and made a couple tough shots that made the difference in the end.  Both teams were playing hard but I gotta give credit to Antalya for their execution offensively as well as defensively.  They played a solid game, changing up defenses, playing a great pick and roll game and keeping us on our heels.  I ended the game with 10 points (2-4 2fg, 2-6 3fg), 3 assists, and 1 rebound.  It is the second game in a row that I haven't been to the FT line.  Thats quite an impressive stat considering I used to live at the FT (guess I gotta be more aggressive).  Our record stands at 3-4 in the league tied for 7th out of 16.


Driving to the bucket
Our next game is against Aliaga on the road out in Izmir, Turkey.  We need a solid week of practice to get better and work on the things that we struggle with.  I am looking forward to getting back in the gym and competing.  Our next game is on Sunday,  Dec. 2nd.  I can't believe it is almost December already, where has this year gone.  That is all the news from Turkey.  I hope you all were safe during Black Friday shopping and I hope you had a wonderful time with you family members over Thanksgiving! Have an amazing day!  God Bless!  Titus 2:11

No comments:

Post a Comment