Monday, October 11, 2010

First game, 0-1

Hey everyone.. Sorry I haven't written on my blog in a long time. I do have a legit excuse however... my fiance is over here this year so instead of spending time on the computer updating the blog all the time I am traveling around France with her. I would say that is a fair excuse.

We had our first game on Saturday and we came away with a lose to Nancy 78-70. We didn't shoot the ball well at all (5-31 3FG). We also had some turnovers that lead to fast break points for Nancy that definitely hurt us. We didn't play our transition game well at all, and I don't know how many fast break points we got but it wasn't much at all. You have to give Nancy credit they played well and they got easy baskets in transition. Yannick Bokolo lead our team with 15 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists. I had 10 points (3-7 TFG, 2-3 3FG, 2-2 FT), and 3 assists. You always want to start the year off by getting a win which we didn't do so that is kind of frustrating, but last year we started out 0-1 as well and we ended up having a pretty good year. Hopefully this year we will do the same.

Our next game is vs. Cholet on Saturday. They are the defending French Champions and it will be a tough one for us. It is at home and I am really looking forward to getting back on the court for some competition. We need to have a good week of practice for the preparation of Saturdays game. I will be updating more frequently now that the regular season has started so keep checking out the blog. Have a wonderful day and like always God Bless (Matthew 7: 7-8).

1 comment:

  1. Ben, Here's wishing you and your team the best of luck on the current BB season. In your travels around France, make an effort to visit Honfluer. It is about 300 K from you (probably a 2 1/2 hour drive) but it will be worth the trip. It is a Scandinavian harbor town where Monet did most of his work. It is very quaint much like Brugge. Again, I hope you enjoy a successful season.

    ReplyDelete