Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!! It has been pretty hectic over here France between traveling, practice, All-Star game, and traveling some more. I will give you a little insight on what has been going on lately. So AJ and I went back to the USA for 4 days during Christmas break. It was a short break however it was well worth it. We went to AJ's parents house and my family came up and visited and we all celebrated a wonderful Christmas together in Fargo. Definitely thankful for the wonderful families we have! After Christmas we boarded a plane back to Paris where we met Dimer (Mike Nelson) and Shan (Shannon) and we all took a train back to Gravelines. Dimer was also on break from his team in Switzerland and he celebrated Christmas in Paris so it was a perfect opportunity for us to get together for a few days. They stayed with us for two days up in Gravelines, and during that time I had practice both days and then I had to head back down to Paris for the All-Star game. So we all went down to Paris where us 4 went out to eat one night and enjoyed each others company. On Dec. 30th I was part of the 2010 All-Star game where the USA (foreigners) beat France. I had 7 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds, and 2 steals in the game. They had a dunk contest and a 3 point contest during the all-star game as well. It was great opportunity to put on a show for the fans. Immediately after the game I had to go back to Gravelines with AJ because we had practice at 10am the next day. Unfortunately we didn't get back to Gravelines until 4am so the next day I was pretty tired. We had practice the next day (Dec. 31st) and then on Saturday, Jan 1st our team traveled back to Paris because TODAY (Jan. 2nd) we are playing Paris. WOW!!! and that is my hectic week in a nut shell. So currently I am sitting in a hotel room in Paris waiting to go to our game at 5pm. It should be a great game tonight and hopefully we can come out with a win. We are currently 7-4 in league games and sitting in 5th place.

I also want to mention that we made it to the Top 16 in EuroChallenge. We won't play a game for a couple more weeks, however it is nice knowing that we will be playing twice a week again in the near future. Its time for me to get some lunch before the game. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Shout out to Dimer and Shan: thanks for visiting us, we had a great time and hopefully we can make something happen again at the end of the year! God Bless (Joshua 1:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment