Sunday, January 6, 2013

Long Time No Post

Driving baseline
Hey everyone!  Good afternoon from Ankara, Turkey.  I haven't updated my blog recently so I am going to give you a quick update on how our past two games went.  We are currently 8-5 tied for 6th place in the league.  Two weeks ago we played Turk Telecom.  We ended up winning 89-55.  I hardly played a half of basketball because of our lead.  I ended the game with 7 points (1-2 3fg, 4-4 ft), 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals.  We played excellent on defense during game from start to finish.  It was a great team win for us.

Floater
Our next game, which was last week, we played Mersin.  We won a barn burner 88-85.  We played really well in the first half, but we got off to a slow start in the second half and Mersin capitalized and the game was close from that point on.  I ended with 15 points (4-8 2fg, 0-1 3fg, 7-9 ft), 9 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks.  Can you believe it I lead our team in blocks haha!!  It was a great win for our team and it extended our winning streak to 5 games, which puts our record as I stated before at 8-5.  Tomorrow we have our next game vs. Besiktas.  They are an extremely talented team.  It will be a tough game for us.  We need to come out with a lot of energy like we have the past few games.  Their record is also 8-5.  We are tied for 6th place in the league with them.  It will be an exciting game!



Lay-up
There is a quick update for you on how our games have been going.  I haven't been on the blog at all lately because as you know my Dad was over here for Christmas.  We had an amazing time with him and some great memories that will last forever.  We went all over from sight-seeing in Istanbul to old castles in Ankara!  It was quite the adventure!  I gotta give a S/O to the NDSU Football team for winning ANOTHER National Championship!  Back2back!  Also the NDSU Basketball team is off to a hot start in Summit League action with a record of 4-0.  I stated this along time ago but I am predicting they are heading to the tourney this year!  Have a blessed Sunday!  God Bless! 2 Corinthians 10:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment