Monday, January 18, 2010

Quick Update

Hey!! I wanted to write you a quick update on how things are going over here before I head to practice. We had a French League game on Saturday vs Nancy. We ended up losing 90-74. It was a tie ball game at half 43-43, but the second half they continued to play well and we didn't play our best. We have a number of guys with injuries that doesn't help. Yannick Bokolo our starting 2 guard hurt his hamstring again in the first half of the game and also our other big man Rob Lewin is out with a groin injury still. It definitely is hurting us that those guys are out with injuries. I ended up having 15 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds on 4/13 shooting. I definitely started to get tired in the 2nd half and I could tell that it was taking a toll on the body. I ended up playing 40 minutes that game. Cyril had 17 points and 7 rebounds and JK Edwards had 13 points and 8 rebounds. We play a make up game on Wednesday vs. Vichy that was cancelled due to the H1N1 virus that a couple of the players from Vichy had. Hopefully we can get back on track and come out with a road win. After that game we head to Rouen for another away game, so we will be on a 5+ day road trip. I will definitely let you know how the games go when I get a chance. Below is a picture of my face after the game. Can't remember if they called a foul or not, but lets hope so.

Other than basketball I got a new car. My teammate Demetris Nichols needed an bigger automatic car for his family so they asked me if I could give him my car. I gave him the automatic car that I had and in return they gave me a different car. However, this car is a stick shift. I really enjoy driving it around and it allows me to practice up on my manuel driving skills. I will admit I have killed it a couple times haha but I have had it for 5 days now and I definitely have the hang of it now. Its a bigger car than what I had before and it has more horsepower than my previous car. I do enjoy driving it. Well I wanted to let you know what else was going on over here just besides basketball updates. Everything is going pretty well, lets just hope that we can get back on track and get a winning streak going again. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed day. God Bless you all!! (Joshua 1:9)








3 comments:

  1. Hi Ben !
    I'm very sorry for the game vs Nancy. But I think you could end the half season with a win in Vichy and started the second half season with a win too vs Chalon sur SaƓne !
    I hope that you could have all your teammate soon... it could be great!
    Have a nice day, a nice Martin Luther King Day !
    Be blessed.
    Take care
    Jean-Mi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I found your blog after watching your game on Saturday. I am an American living in Paris trying to follow my dream also. I was hospitalized last week and as I was flipping through the channels your game caught my eye. It was great to watch you play! You have a great finesse and attitude when you play it reminded me of being back home and at that moment I really needed it. I just wanted to say good job and thank you! It was a huge blessing for me! I hope your team continues to do well! I will be following to see if you all ever play in Paris! Thank you and God Bless!
    Shannon
    Jer. 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, I am glad that you enjoy the blog. Hopefully you can stay in touch with our team through my blog and also catch some games on tv. Unfortunately, we have played our game in Paris already this year. I hope that things are getting better and you are out of the hospital soon. I am glad I could enlighten your day a bit even if it was a simple blog :). Enjoy Paris and there will be an update coming soon.

    Ben Woodside

    ReplyDelete