Monday, February 8, 2010

12-6

Quick update on our game Saturday. We played in Rouen (which is about 2 1/2 hours away) on Saturday and we came away with a win. We were down the entire game until the 4th quarter where we started to make our comeback. We progressively came back by getting defensive stops. Our defense in the first 2 quarters wasn't that great, but we definitely picked it up in the last 2 quarters and that is what helped us come away with a win. Five guys were in double figures that night. JK Edwards had 19 points and 9 rebounds, Yannick Bokolo had 18 points and 7 rebounds, 15 points and 8 rebounds came from Cyril, I had 11 points (7-8 FT), 6 assists, 3 rebounds, and 2 steals, and Rob Lewin had 10 points (5-5 FG). As you can see it was a well balanced scoring effort on our part. We had to make free throws down the stretch but we sealed the game at the line and came away with a win 80-77. Rouen had a completely different team from when we played them at the beginning of the year and before playing us they had won 4 out of their last 5 games. So it was a good road win for us. Our next game is this Friday vs Le Harve. They have made some adjustments to their team and are doing better than what their record shows so it will be a tough game. Really looking forward to playing again on Friday.

A couple side notes besides basketball: the weather over isn't bad. Coming from Minnesota and Dakota regions it isn't bad at all over here. Depending on the time of day it ranges from 40-55 degrees (I'm not trying to rub it in either haha). I am very comfortable driving my car around which is now a stick. I will admit I stalled it a couple times right away but I haven't done that in awhile so I am definitely used to it now. Ummmm.... Thats about it, other than that things are going well over here and I am really enjoying the experience of living in a different country. Talk again soon... God Bless (Joshua 1:9).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben !
    What a fantastic game Saturday in Rouen ! You did an absolutely amazing end game thanks to you. All the "Gravelinois" public was with the team during all the game! Personnaly I think that you deserved to win this game! So, congratulation !!!! It was great to speak with you Saturday !
    I'm sorry, I couldn't come Friday for the game vs. Le Havre. Tomorow I come back about 3 weeks in my familly in Normandy... where it will snow this week. I will be back in Dunkerque in March. So I wish you all the best for the next game. I hope that you will win the Semaine des As. It could be great and it will reward your nice season start !
    See you in March!
    Take care, god bless.

    ReplyDelete