Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Support My Friend on His Missionary

Good afternoon!  This post is going to be a bit different from my last few posts...Why? Because this post has nothing to do with basketball and everything to do with supporting one of my friends on his missionary trip :)!  

A friend of mine (Rich Bowman II) a fellow college athlete (football) at NDSU is currently on a missionary trip through "WorldRace 11n11".  The link below is Rich's blog and gives you all the details about this mission trip, financially where he stands, etc.  11n11 stands for visiting 11 different countries in 11 months spreading the Word of God.  What an amazing experience!  Rich is currently on this missionary trip on the continent of Africa, however there are deadlines that he has to met financially.  I wanted to post this message because I know exactly how it feels trying to raise money for a missionary trip.  When my fellow teammate Brett Winkelman and I went on an AIA (Athletes in Action) mission trip to Taiwan before our senior year of college.  We had to meet certain deadlines financially to have the opportunity to spread the Word of God to less fortunate individuals.  At times it is very difficult and stressful but I pray that whoever is reading this can give a little (every bit counts) to Rich Bowman II and allow him the opportunity to continue to spread the Word of God.  For some reason the past 3 months I have not gotten Rich out of my head and I believe it is a calling for me to help him in anyway that I can.  So I've taken the initiative and written a blog post in the hopes that he will meet his financial goal.  Have a wonderful day and God Bless!  Mark 16:15 


PS- I made it easier for people to read my Bible verses that I put at the end of each post.  For any of you that do not have a Bible handy, all you have to do is slide your cursor over the red Bible verse and it will magically appear for you :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment