Sunday, December 16, 2012

2 in a row

Good Evening from Turkey!  How are you all doing?  The latest here in Turkey is that we came away with our second straight win and our first road win of the season.  We played Olin Edrine last night and won 76-70.  It was a wonderful win for us.  Edrine is a tough place to play.  They have some great and enthusiastic fans.  Actually, in the first quarter the refs had to leave the floor because the fans were making threatening comments to them.  Security and cops had to sit in front of the fans to make sure they didn't cause any more trouble.  The refs were back in their locker room for about 10 minutes and then came back out and the game resumed.  It was close throughout the entire game.  I stepped up to the free throw line with 17 secs to go (we were up by 2) and made both free throws to make it a two possession game and basically seal the game for us.  I ended the game with 7 points (1-5 2fg, 1-3 3fg, 2-2 ft) 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and 1 steal in 26 minutes of play.  We play again on Wednesdays vs a tough Erdemir team.  Then we play again on Saturday.  I am looking forward to a week full of games.  Three games in a week is awesome!

Some other news from Turkey, I had an X-Ray on my foot last night.  Not exactly sure what the problem is.  I have tremendous acute pain at the bottom of my right foot.  I am thinking it is a bone bruise but I am not sure.  I will find out from the Dr. tomorrow.  More importantly, I ask that you pray for the families who were affected by that terrible event out in CT.  The more prayers the better.  My heart absolutely broke when I heard about the news.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.  I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday afternoon and night.  We are going to grill some steak and watch some football!  God Bless.... Mark 10:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment